Jacksonville is the 4th largest city in Florida and home to the Jacksonville Jaguars and Florida State College at Jacksonville. It’s also where Amthyst was born. There is so much to love about this city. It's a bit country a bit city and being 15 minutes from great beaches isn’t a bad deal either. With a growing fashion scene Jacksonville is an energetic locale with concerts, events, festivals and plenty of just because excuses to get dressed up in a new outfit.
Image Credit: Via Unsplash Sean Burgess
Top 5 Things to do in Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Jazz Fest -- each year some Jazz’s greatest artists grace this city for 4 days straight. Starting in 1980 it’s a wonderful long-standing tradition that we hope continues for many decades to come.
- Topgolf Jax -- Forget mini-golf, what is better than good food, a few cocktails & little competition among friends. Don’t forget to stop our Beach Blvd location to grab a cute outfit before you go.
- Jacksonville Riverwalk -- Enjoy the perusing 1.25 miles of scenic riverfront on the Southside near the Doubletree by Hilton. Make sure to bring someone that can capture all of your best angles because it makes a great backdrop for an impromptu photoshoot.
- Amelia Island -- Feeling fancy? Plan a day trip to Amelia Island, it’s well worth the 45 minute drive from Jacksonville. The beaches are absolutely gorgeous or take a trolley tour of the historic downtown. You can even plan a spa day at the award winning Ritz Carlton. We’ve heard their Heaven in a Hammock massage is next level type of pampering.
- The Cummer Museum of Art & Garden -- The Cummer as it’s called is conveniently located in the historic Riverside area of near downtown Jacksonville. The museum houses 5000 sq. ft. of history spanning the ages. Stroll through the gardens while you are there for a completely immersive experience.
Need more reasons to visit Jacksonville?
5 Great places to eat in Jacksonville
- The Capital Grill -- A visit to The Capital Grill is a perfect way to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or any occasion to get dressed up and enjoy the ambiance. Their lobster mac & cheese is absolutely magnificent.
- Soul Food Bistro -- Directly out of your grandmother’s recipe book the Soul Food Bistro is just like mama used to make. Their customer service is second to none. Great food paired with excellent service are always a winning combination. If you are ever near either of their two locations stop in.
- Metro Diner -- We here at Amthyst are huge fans of good brunch and Metro Diner never cease to live up to the hype. Trust us order the chicken & waffles with strawberry butter, you can thank you later. Plus weekend calories don’t count right?
- Cami Cakes -- Best darn cupcakes, do we really need to say more?
- True Food Kitchen -- Founded by Dr. Andrew Weil. renowned physician and best selling author. True Food is the mecca of healthy great tasting food. While visiting Jacksonville it’s a definite must visit. Oh, and did we forget to mention it’s backed by Oprah the queen of living your best life.
5 Best Places to #selfie in Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens -- This picturesque setting is located in Arlington, just a short drive from downtown and just off of I-295 on the east side of the city. The Arboretum has more than 126 acres with plenty areas to explore and frolic in your favorite spring and summer fashions apparel. You can lose yourself for an hour or an afternoon. Bring your besties and the family along for the outing. You can also bring your four legged family members along for the outing, because the Arboretum is pet friendly! Leashes and cleanup bags are required.
- Alpine Groves Park -- Alpine Groves Park is a natural beauty that covers 54.5 acres in St. Johns County located between the St. Johns River and William Bartram Scenic & Historic Highway. You can take advantage of three unique Florida habitats, and historic structures to use a a backdrop for all your epic selfie adventures.. Ever wished you could be surrounded by butterflies? It's possible here. The park has two butterfly gardens maintained by the two groups dedicated to maintaining illustrious beauty.. There are also a variety of citrus trees planted around the park that connect the visitors to the park's historic roots.
- Treaty Oak Park -- The Treaty Oak is a huge Southern live oak that locals and visitor alike lover to admire.. The tree is estimated to be 250 years old and may be the single oldest living thing in city, perhaps even older than the city itself. The tentacle like branches are something to behold in person..
- Three Lions Statue -- One of the most snapped street scenes is the Three Lion Statue not far from downtown in San Marco , It is said the fountain and three lions are inspired by the Piazza San Marco.
- Friendship Fountain -- If you're in the downtown area, this water feature is a must visit. Friendship Fountain is located in St. Johns River Park (a/k/a Friendship Park), on the south bank of the river, and offers not only a epic selfie spot, but also a great view of the city skyline. When the park opened in 1965, it was the world’s largest and tallest fountain, capable of spraying 17,000 gallons of water a minute to a height of 120 feet, it's accentuated by colored lights at night and puts on a nice show.
Now that we’ve given you all the inside deets on Jax, you need a few reasons to make Amthyst your go to spot for all things fly.
Seasons and occasions change, but a stylish outfit is always a great choice. Looking for a classic piece that will always be in style? A little black dress is a timeless and versatile option that can go from boardroom to dance floor. We have you covered. Form fitting, bodycons, curve flattering bandage and elegant strapless dresses in regular and plus sizes.
We feature the cutest seasonal styles and newest must-have wardrobe essentials that are what’s next for every occasion or social media post! Be sure to pair your Amythst favs with the just right accessories, shoes and handbags.
You can now shop online & pickup in-store using Afterpay and to make shopping a bit easier you can search our site by image or screenshot using your mobile phone.
Visit us at 3122 Beach Blvd, just 8 minutes from Downtown and 3 minutes from San Marco in the Historic St. Nicholas area of Jacksonville.
Top 5 Reasons to Make Amthyst Your Favorite Clothing Boutique
- In hurry you can shop online & pickup in-store
- We accept Afterpay
- We carry an array of regular and plus sizes/curvy
- 30 day exchanges & easy returns -- We crafted our policies with you in mind.
- There's often wine in our beverage cooler.
Your next #ootd is awaits.